A downloadable character generator for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Mannequin is a vector-based, 2D character CG generator for your video game (and maybe other kind of) projects. No artistic skills needed—just mix n' match any from the available templates, adjust some colors, and you're done!
- Handcrafted 2D art suitable for prototyping or production.
- Vector based graphics scalable up to ∞K resolution.
- Various templates available—from body parts and hairstyles to clothing and accessories.
- Export to PNG file for immediate use in game development engines.
- Export to SVG file for further editing on various vector drawing apps (such as Inkscape, CorelDRAW or Illustrator).
- Generated characters can be used for either personal or commercial projects.
- Free content updates!
This app is currently on early access stage. Most of the planned features are already implemented, and now we're focusing on populating content while also polishing the user experience.
Some things you might consider before buying:
- You can only create female characters for now, and components are still limited. Try the demo for further details! :)
- Updates can arrive multiple times in a week, so it's highly recommended to install using the itch.io app (the same applies to demo builds)
- Mac version is still unsigned, see here for details.
- Stable (including demo): 0.2.0 (February 2, 2016)
- Nightly: 0.3.0 (updated near-daily).
In order to download this character generator you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Release 0.2.1 is Here!17 days ago
- Let's Get Technical: Rendering Speed Improvements28 days ago
- Progress Report: UI, Male Template & Art Style Updates45 days ago
- Check Out The (In Progress) Default Male Template58 days ago
- Stable Release of 0.2.0 is Now Available76 days ago
- Nightly Builds Now AvailableJul 19, 2017
- Gearing Up for 0.2.0Jun 28, 2017