A downloadable character generator for Windows, macOS, and Linux
What is Mannequin?
Mannequin is a 2D Character Portrait Generator created for your video game and other artistic projects. With its flexibility, ease of use and high-quality output, Mannequin is designed to be useful for any phase of development, from prototyping to production.
Some of its notable features are:
Mannequin is currently in development, which means that some of the features are still incomplete and/or unpolished. By making it available now through early access, we're hoping to gather as much input as possible from end users regarding how well it integrates to their workflow. If you're still unsure about supporting this project and wanted more info before deciding, you can try out the Lite (free) version below!
For Mac users, the only way to install Mannequin for now is via the itch.io desktop app. Furthermore, the Mannequin app is not signed and/or notarized yet, so you might find it incompatible with macOS 10.15 with the Gatekeeper enabled (which is the default settings).
|Updated||10 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Jun 30, 2016|
|Made with||Adobe Illustrator|
|Tags||2D, Anime, Character Customization, Generator, JRPG, Vector|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Zero v1.0 Universal|
|Average session||A few minutes|
In order to download this character generator you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- 0.3.9 Update: A Bit Spontaneous, But...15 days ago
- 0.3.8 Update: Revamped Default Female Template & DLC Structure26 days ago
- 0.3.7 Update: Various Bugfixes!45 days ago
- Steam Launch and Next Update Status55 days ago
- 0.3.6 Update, Steam and Short-term RoadmapMay 08, 2020
- 0.3.5: Default Male Template Continued, Light Theme, and More!Apr 14, 2020
- Default Male Template Now Usable with 0.3.4 UpdateMar 27, 2020
- 0.3.3 is Here: Expression/Hairstyle/Clothing Manager plus Minor Content UpdatesMar 16, 2020